Taiwan National Health Insurance NHI


The overriding theme relative to the NHI is this: as long as you have an ARC based on employment, you are immediately extended NHI - from midnight of the 1st day of your ARC’s validity. With a valid ARC, your NHI remains intact.

Still, teachers and other white-collar workers often face a variety of issues and questions around getting their NHI cards & using them. We’ve tried to tackle some of the most common questions below, along with providing various pieces of advice.

Q: I’ve gotten my ARC. How soon should my employer file for an NHI card for me?
A: By order of the National Health Insurance Act Chapter Two Article 16 your employer is required to file for your NHI card within 3 days of your ARC’s becoming valid.
National Health Insurance Card

Q: I lost my NHI Card. What should I do?
A: All NHI Offices 健保分局 & all post offices 郵局 have an NHI IC counter where you can get a new card. It takes about 40 minutes & costs NT$200. You need to bring the following documents with your: